Possible issues related to the Application Server are listed below, along with information about their possible causes and how to resolve them.
I get the following message when trying to restart the EkranServer service: “Not sufficient permissions to restart the Application Server”,
• Restart the EkranServer service under an administrator account.
I get the following message from the Server Tray application: "The Application Server connection with the database has been lost. Click to view logs."
• Make sure that the computer on which the database is installed is online and accessible by entering the following command in the Windows command line:
ping <the name of the computer with the database installed>
• If the issue cannot be resolved, please send us the logs (i.e. the ServerLogs subfolder), which you can find in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Ekran System\Ekran System
I cannot start the Application Server from the Server Tray.
• You need to start the Application Server in the Server Tray application under an administrator account.
I have installed a new version of the Application Server, but I want to use the old database.
• Your existing database will remain in place if you select the option to use your old database when prompted, while reinstalling the Application Server.
My anti-virus blocks uninstallation/update of the Application Server.
• It is recommended that you disable your anti-virus during uninstallation/update of the Application Server. Due to the specifics of the uninstaller, some anti-viruses might detect it as a false positive during a virus scan.
I get the following message when trying to open the Management Tool: “Server is unavailable. Please contact administrator.”
• Check the Application Server logs (the default location of the logs is: C:\Program Files\Ekran System\Ekran System\ServerLogs\server.txt).
NOTE: The EkranServer_LogsCollector tool can alternatively be used to download the logs, and needs to be launched on the machine where the Ekran System Application Server is installed by a user with administrator permissions.
• Please also check the following:
- The EkranServer service is up and running.
- The Ekran System Application Server has a stable connection to a DB server.
- The DB server has sufficient free space and its service is up and running.
- The port for connection of the Ekran System Application Server to the DB server is open.
- If you are using a binary folder to store the screen captures, please check that the EkranServer service was launched under a user or a service account that has the required permissions to read and write to this folder.