There are two stages involved in installation of the Application Servers:
Stage 1. Installing the first instance of the Application Server (during installation, you can select an existing database or create a new one).
Stage 2. Installing subsequent instances of the Application Server (during installation, you must select the same database that the first Application Server instance connects to).
NOTE: It is highly recommended to configure an SQL Server failover cluster. For more information, see the Microsoft Documents.
To install the Application Server, do the following:
1. Run the EkranSystem_Components.exe installation file to open the Ekran System Setup wizard.
2. Click Next on the Welcome page.
3. Carefully read the terms of the End-User License Agreement, and click I Agree.
4. On the Choose the Installation Mode page, select the type of installation required in the drop-down list, and then click Next:
• If you are installing the first instance of the Application Server, select New Ekran System Application Server.
• If you are installing a subsequent instance of the Application Server, select Add Application Server to existing Deployment.
5. On the Choose Install Location page, enter the installation path, or click Browse to navigate to the Application Server installation folder, and then click Next.
6. On the Database Type page, select the type of the database you want to use for storing data, and then click Next.
NOTE: If you already have an existing database, select its type, and then define the connection parameters for this database.
7. If you have selected the PostgreSQL database type, on the PostgreSQL Server Database Configuration page, define the connection parameters and then click Next.
• Enter the name of the PostgreSQL Server instance, which is the instance name assigned to the TCP/IP port. Optionally, you can define a custom PostgreSQL database port by entering it after the Server instance name, separating them by a colon (e.g. <server_instance_name>:<port>).
NOTE: If the default instance of the PostgreSQL database server is used, enter "localhost" in the "Server instance" field.
• Define a Database name for the database.
• Define a User name and Password for a user account via which the connection to the server will be established.
NOTE: By default, this is a user with the login "postgres" and the password defined during installation of PostgreSQL.
8. If you have selected MS SQL Server database type, on the MS SQL Server Database Configuration page, define the connection parameters and then click Next.
• Enter the name of the MS SQL Server instance, which is the instance name assigned to the TCP/IP port. Optionally, you can define a custom MS SQL database port by entering it after the Server instance name, separating them by a comma (e.g. <server_instance_name>,<port>).
NOTE: If the default instance of the MS SQL is used, only the name of the machine where the MS SQL server is located needs to be defined.
• Define a Database name for the database.
• Select the type of authentication: SQL Server Authentication or Windows Authentication
• When using SQL Server Authentication, enter the SQL Server User name and Password of the user account via which the connection to the server will be established.
NOTE: You have to define either the "sa" (system administrator) credentials or the credentials of a user with the "dbcreator" permission.
• When using Windows Authentication, enter the User name as <domain name>\<user name> and specify the Password.
NOTE: The specified user must have been already added as a user in MS SQL and have system administrator permissions.
9. If you already have a database which was created either manually or when using previous versions of the Ekran System Application Server, you will be offered to use it. If you want to use the existing database, click Yes. Otherwise, click No and the new database will be created.
NOTE: If you click No, the existing database will be deleted.
10. To store binary data received from Clients in shared storage, define the path to the required folder:
• The shared folder location must be defined as: \\<computer IP>\<folder path> or \\<computer name>\<folder path> (e.g. \\admin-pc\SharedFolder).
• If the shared storage was configured, the shared storage location must be defined as: <shared storage path> (e.g. D:\).
NOTE: Make sure the defined path is accessible on each failover cluster node.
11. On the Administrator password page, define a password for the administrator (the default user of Ekran System with the login "admin" and full permissions), and click Next.
12. On the Ekran System Client Uninstallation Key page, enter a key that will be used for uninstalling the Client locally, and click Next (by default, the Uninstallation key is "allowed"). You will be able to change this key by way of the Management Tool any time later.
13. Click Install.
14. The installation process starts, and the progress is displayed on the Installing page.
15. When installation is complete, click Finish to exit the Setup Wizard.
16. Back up EkranMasterCertificate (only on the first Application Server instance).
17. In Windows Firewall, you must allow the Application Server executable to accept TCP connections via port 9447 (for the connection between the Application Server and the Clients), 22712, 22713, and 22714 (for the connection between the Server and the Management Tool). These rules will be added to Windows Firewall automatically if Windows Firewall is enabled during installation of the Application Server.