To add a new report rule, do the following:
1. Log in to the Management Tool as a user with the administrative Client Installation and Management permission.
2. Click the Reports navigation link on the left, and then select the Scheduled Reports tab.
3. Click the Add Rule button in the top right of the page.
4. On the Add Rule page that opens, on the Rule Properties tab, enter a unique name for the new rule, optionally enter a description for the rule, and select the Enable scheduled report generation checkbox, and then click Next.
5. On the Report Options tab, do the following, and then click Next:
• In the Report Type section, select at least one of the checkboxes for the report types required.
• Scroll down to the Report Parameters section, and define the following:
- In the Report Format drop-down list, select a format for the report.
- In the Generate Report drop-down list, select the frequency of report generation (Daily, Weekly, or Monthly).
- In the Start Report Generation At drop-down list, select the time of day at which the report will be generated.
NOTE: Depending on the Application Server load, report generation may begin a few minutes later than the defined time.
- If the Weekly option is selected in the Generate Report drop-down list, select the day of the week on which the report will be generated in the Day of Week drop-down list.
- If the Monthly option is selected in the Generate Report drop-down list, select the day of the month (or Last day of the month) on which the report will be generated in the Day of Month drop-down list.
• Scroll down to the Work Hours section, define the time (Full day, Work hours or Outside of work hours) the report to be generated for, and then define the work days and work hours for each selected day. Information on user activity for the defined time will be added to the report.
NOTE: This section will only be displayed if either of the Sessions Outside of Work Hours Grid Report or the Terminal Server Grid Report are selected in the Report Type section (as described above).
• Scroll down to the Send Report To section at the bottom of the page and enter the email addresses to which the report will be sent in the Emails field, separated by semicolons.
NOTE: The Email Sending Settings must be defined to receive scheduled reports by email.
NOTE: If more than one type of report is selected (in the Report Type section described above), separate emails will be received for each report type.
6. Click the Next button in the bottom right of the page, and on the Assigned Clients tab, select the Clients / Client groups to which the rule will be applied using the corresponding buttons in the pop-up windows that open, and then click Next.
NOTE: To find specific Clients / Client groups, enter their names or a part of their names in the search box, and then click theicon on the right.
7. Click the Next button in the bottom right of the page, and on the Monitored Users tab, define the users whose activity is to be included in the report:
• Select the Any user option if you do not want to specify the users whose activity will be added.
• Otherwise, select the Selected users option, and then click the Add Users button, and in the pop-up window that opens, search for and select the required users and then click Add.
NOTE: Only those users whose activities have already been monitored are listed.
8. Click the Finish button in the bottom right of the page.
9. The rule is now added.