To add a new alert, do the following:
1. Log in to the Management Tool as a user with the administrative Client Installation and Management permission.
2. Click the Alert Management navigation link on the left and then click the Add Alert button in the top right of the page.
3. On the Add Alert page that opens, in the Properties section at the top, define the following alert properties:
• Select the Enabled checkbox to enable the alert.
• Enter a unique name for the alert.
• Optionally, enter a description for the alert.
• Select the alert risk level (Critical, Normal, or High).
4. In the Rules section, define the rules to be applied to the alert:
• Select a parameter for the rule in the drop-down list on the left.
• Select a comparison operator in the drop-down list in the middle.
• Enter the value to which the parameter will be compared in the field on the right.
• Click Add Rule to create another rule.
• To delete a rule, either simply clear its value or click the Delete icon on the right.
5. In the Assigned Clients and Assign Client Groups sections, select the Clients / Client groups which the alert will be assigned to, and then click Add.
NOTE: To find specific Clients / Client groups, enter their names or part of their names in the search boxes.
6. In the Actions section at the bottom of the page, select how you would like to receive alert notifications as well as additional actions to be performed when the alert is triggered:
• Select the Send emails to checkbox, and then enter the email address to which the notifications will be sent. You can enter multiple email addresses, separated by semicolons.
NOTE: To receive email notifications correctly, make sure that the Email Sending Settings contain the correct parameters for sending emails.
• Select the Show warnings in Tray Notifications application checkbox to activate tray notifications. The alert notifications will then pop up in the Tray Notifications application.
• Select the Show warning message to user checkbox if you want a warning message to be displayed to the user when the alert is triggered. You can either use the default message or enter your own text in the field below.
• In the Additional actions drop-down list, select the Block user on all computers option if you want to automatically block the user from performing forbidden actions, or select the Kill application option if you want to forcibly stop the detected application.
NOTE: The Block user on all computers option is only available for Windows Clients.
7. Click the Finish button in the bottom right of the page to save the alert.
8. The alert is now created.