Using the system includes working with the following main features and functionality:
1. Assigning licenses to Clients: Available licenses are automatically assigned to Clients during their first connection to the Application Server. If a license has not been assigned to the Client, you need to assign it manually.
2. Adding Client groups: Client groups allow you to grant access for your users to multiple Clients simultaneously, without needing to grant them access to all Clients.
4. Defining the Client configuration and the Client group configuration.
5. Managing alerts: Alerts are used to notify investigators of a specific activity (potentially harmful/forbidden actions) on the target computers with Clients installed on them. You can create, assign, import, and export alerts. When Ekran System is installed, it comes with a library of predefined alerts.
6. Creating USB blocking rules: Kernel-level USB monitoring allows you to detect the fact that a USB device has been plugged into a computer on which a Windows Client is installed. You can view information on devices detected, receive notifications about them, and block USB devices.
7. Viewing monitoring results in the Management Tool: The monitored data received from Client computers can be viewed in the Management Tool’s Session Viewer.
8. Exporting sessions from the Session Viewer: You can export sessions in encrypted form to view Client sessions on any computer, even without access to the Management Tool.
9. Receiving alert notifications: Notifications on alert events are received via the Tray Notifications application and by email. These notifications are also displayed in the Windows notification area.
10. Generating reports: User activity can be analyzed with the assistance of reports generated using the Management Tool. You can schedule reports to be generated and sent by email at specified times or generate ad hoc reports manually using the Report Generator.
11. Interactive monitoring: User activity can be analyzed with the assistance of the statistical data which you can generate using interactive monitoring. You can get detailed information on the total time that each user has spent using each application and on each website.
12. Managing the database: Not to run out of space on the computer where the database is stored , it is recommended to clean up and archive the database periodically, by deleting old monitored data. You can enable database archiving and cleanup and then access the archived data at any time later using the Management Tool. In addition, you can remove any unnecessary uninstalled Clients from the database.
13. Enabling Multi-Tenant mode, adding new tenants, and granting the required number of licenses to them.