Viewing system errors and notifications on the System State tab is available for users of the Administrators user group in Single-Tenant mode, and for users of the default tenant that have the administrative Tenant Management and System Configuration permission in Multi-Tenant mode.
NOTE: The Health Monitoring feature (which includes the System State tab) is only available if you have an activated serial key for the Enterprise Edition of Ekran System.
To monitor the system state, click the Health Monitoring navigation link on the left and make sure the System State tab is selected.
Information about various aspects of the system state are displayed in the dashboards at the top of the page, while errors and notifications (which can also be configured to be sent by email) are displayed in the Transaction log grid below them.
The list of error and notification events in the Health Monitoring Transaction log is displayed in the form of a grid, which consists of information in the following columns:
• Date: The date & time when the event was detected (where if there is more than one occurrence of the event, as indicated in the Count column, the date & time is for that of the most recent occurrence).
• Category: The category the event that occurred belongs to.
• Source: The place where the event occurred (on the Application Server, in the database, or in the Health Monitoring log).
• Details: A description of the event.
• Severity: The severity level of the event.
• Count: The amount of occurrences of the event (since all identical events are grouped into one record).
• Delete All: Allows the deletion of information about an event (or deletion of all events by clicking the link in the column header).
You can change the size of the columns and hide them.
To hide any columns in a grid, click theicon next to the System State tab on the right, and select Manage Hidden Columns. Drag the header of the corresponding column to the Hidden Columns pop-up window that opens.
You can also filter and sort the information about events in the grid.
By default, the following filters are displayed:
• When: Allows the filtering of events by a time period. The resulting events list contains all the events for the defined period.
To define the time period, select one of the following options, and then click the Apply button:
- Specify the time period required for the Within the last number of hours, days, weeks, or months.
- Specify the Between start date and end date of the time period required.
• Category: Allows the filtering of events by a specific category.
• Source: Allows the filtering of events by their source.
To add other filters, click the More criteria button and select a filter from the list that opens.
• Details: Allows the filtering of events by their description.
• Severity: Allows the filtering of events by their severity level (None, Medium or Critical).
To sort events in the System State grid, click the required column header. You can change the column sort order from ascending to descending, and vice versa. To do this, click the Sort arrow in the corresponding column header on the right.
If the data is not sorted by a column, the Sort arrow is not shown in the column header.
To export the filtered data, click theicon next to the System State tab on the right, and select Export filtered records. Then, in the Save As window, browse to the location where you want the data to be saved, and click Save.