Viewing System Errors and Warnings
Various information about the state of the system as well as error and warning notifications can be viewed on the System State tab, and is available for users of the Administrators user group in Single-Tenant mode, and for users of the default tenant that have the administrative Tenant Management and System Configuration permission in Multi-Tenant mode.
To monitor the system state, click the Health Monitoring navigation link on the left and make sure the System State tab is selected.
Information about various aspects of the system state is displayed in the dashboards at the top of the page, while errors and warning notifications (which can also be configured to be sent by email) are displayed in the Transaction log grid below them.
NOTE: Records in the Health Monitoring Transaction log grid are displayed only for the last 30 days.
The Health Monitoring Transaction Log Grid
A list of the error and warning notification events in the Health Monitoring Transaction log is displayed in the form of the grid (with the most recent events at the top by default), which consists of information in the following columns:
• Date: The date & time when the event occurred, where if there is more than one occurrence of the event (as indicated in the Count column), the date & time is for that of the most recent occurrence.
• Category: The category the event that occurred belongs to.
• Source: The place where the event occurred (on the Application Server, in the database, or in the Health Monitoring log).
• Details: A description of the event.
• Severity: The severity level of the event.
• Count: The amount of occurrences of the same event within a period of one hour, where all identical events within a period of one hour are grouped into one record (i.e. row) in the grid (with a new record being added to the top of the grid every hour if the same event continues to occur).
• Remove All: Allows the deletion of information about an event (or deletion of all events by clicking the link in the column header).
You can change the size of the columns and hide them.
To hide any columns in a grid, click the Manage Hidden Columns. button (or the right), and then drag & drop the header of the corresponding column to the Hidden Columns pop-up window that opens.
You can also filter and sort the information about events in the grid.
By default, the following filters are displayed:
• When: Allows the filtering of events by a time period. The resulting events list contains all the events for the defined period.
To define the time period, select one of the following options, and then click the Apply button:
- Specify the time period required for the Within the last number of hours, days, weeks, or months.
- Specify the Between start date and end date of the time period required.
• Category: Allows the filtering of events by a specific category.
• Source: Allows the filtering of events by their source.
To add other filters, click the More criteria button and select a filter from the list that opens.
• Details: Allows the filtering of events by their description.
• Severity: Allows the filtering of events by their severity level (None, Medium or Critical).
To sort events in the System State grid, click the required column header (where the column sort order can be toggled between ascending and descending by clicking again). After clicking on the column header, the Sort arrow icon will be displayed in it on the right and indicates whether the sort order is ascending to descending (i.e. a up-arrow icon or an down-arrow icon, respectively).
The data can only be sorted by one column at a time, and if the data cannot be sorted by a column, the Sort arrow is not displayed in the column header.
To export the filtered data, click the System Statetab, and select Export filtered records, then in the Save As window that opens, browse to the location where you want the data to be saved, and click Save.