Installing macOS Clients Using the Command Line
This type of installation allows you to install macOS Clients locally from the command line.
To install the macOS Client on a target computer running the macOS operating system from the command line, do the following:
1. Copy the downloaded macos_agent_x64.tar.gz (or macOS x64 Client Installation (.tar.gz+.ini) installation package to any folder on the macOS system.
2. Run the terminal.
3. Navigate to the folder with the macOS installation package by entering the following command:
4. Unpack the macOS installation package by entering the following command:
tar xvfz <installation package name>
5. Open the EkranClient folder.
6. Enter the following command to run the Ekran System Client application, specifying the host name or IP address of the computer which the Application Server is installed on, and the port to be used for connection to the Application Server (if the port parameter is omitted, the default port 9447 will be used), as well as the tenant key of the tenant that the Client needs to be installed on if Multi-Tenant mode is enabled:
sudo ./install.sh -h <server host name / IP address> [-p <port>] [-t <tenant>]
NOTE: Multiple server host names / IP addresses can be entered, separated by semicolons (e.g. <server host name1 / IP address1;server host name2 / IP address2;server host name3 / IP address3>.
NOTE: In Multi-Tenant mode, the tenant key can be copied from the Management Tool (on the Tenant Management page) by the administrator of the default tenant. If a tenant key is not specified, the Client will be installed on the built-in default tenant.
Instead, if the EkranClient folder in the macOS installation package contains a .ini file, the install.sh script needs to be run without adding any parameters.
7. On macOS 10.14, to ensure proper operation of the Client, you need to grant the Accessibility permission for the EkranAgentClient application. On macOS 10.15, you need to grant the Accessibility and Screen Recording permissions for the EkranAgentClient application. To ensure that the required permissions are granted, open System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, and then click Privacy. Make sure that the EkranAgentClient checkbox is selected for the Accessibility and Screen Recording permissions.
8. After installation is complete, the macOS Client will be displayed in the list of Clients on the Client Management page in the Management Tool.