To add a new Unix Account (Telnet) secret, do the following:
1. Log in to the Management Tool.
2. Click the Password Management navigation link on the left.
3. On the Secrets tab, click the Add Secret button in the top right of the page, and the Add Secret pop-up window will open.
4. On the Secret Properties tab, in the General section, do the following:
• Enter a unique name for the secret.
• Select the Unix account (Telnet) secret type from the drop-down list.
• Optionally, enter a description for the secret.
5. In the Account section below, define a Linux computer which users will access using the Ekran System Connection Manager:
• Enter the host name or IP address of the required Linux computer, or select it from the drop-down list.
• Enter the user’s login name.
• Enter the user’s password.
6. On the Permissions tab, click the Add button, and in the drop-down list that opens, search for and select the users and user groups that you want to grant permissions to, then click Add, and next to each user or user group, select the permission to be granted to them.
7. On the Restriction Types tab, to configure the access restrictions for users to access the secret, do the following:
• Select the required option:
- Access without any restrictions: If this option is selected, users will be able to access the secret without any restrictions.
- Always require approval on secret usage: If this option is selected, users will require approval when they attempt to access the secret.
- Allow access without approval during work hours: If this option is selected, specify the work hours, date range, and days of the week when users will be able to access the secret without approval.
• Users Who Can Approve Access: Select the users (i.e. Approvers) who will be able to approve requests by users to access the secret.
• Owners or Approvers also require approval: Select this checkbox to also require approval (e.g. by the default admin user) for Owners and Approvers to access the secret.
NOTE: Approvers receive notifications by email and can approve access either by clicking the link in the email or by way of the Management Tool.
8. Click the Save button in the bottom right of the Add Secret pop-up window.
9. The secret is now added.