The secrets are displayed in the Management Tool on the Password Management page (on the Secrets tab), where the list of secrets is displayed in the form of a grid which includes the following information in the corresponding columns:
• Play: The icon can be clicked to open the Monitoring Results page, which will display a list of the sessions filtered by the secret concerned (i.e. a list of the sessions in which the secret was used).
• (padlock icon): The icon is displayed whenever the secret's password is checked out (i.e. whenever the secret is being used), and can be hovered over to display a hint showing:
• Username: Which user the secret's password is currently checked out by (i.e. which user is using it).
• Auto Check in: The date & time when the the secret's password will be checked back in automatically (i.e. when the secret will become available for another user to use).
NOTE: The “Auto check in” date & time is only displayed if the “Check in automatically after” checkbox has been selected while configuring the secret.
• Secret Name: The name of the secret, where the password rotation status icon is also displayed next to the it in the circular on the left, indicated by: green (Enabled), grey (Disabled), or red (Failed).
• Secret Type: The type of secret.
• Added By: The name of the user who added the secret.
• Description: A description of the secret.
• Delete All: Allows all secrets to be deleted simultaneously.
To find a specific secret, enter its name or a part of their name in the Contains search box in the top right of the page, and then click theicon on the right of it.
To sort the secrets in the grid, click the required column header. You can change the column sort order from ascending to descending, and vice versa. To do this, click the Sort arrow in the corresponding column header on the right. If the data is not sorted by a column, the Sort arrow is not shown in the column header.
To filter the secrets in the grid:
• Secret Name: Allows the filtering of secrets by the name of the secret.
• Secret Type: Allows the filtering of secrets by type.
• Password Rotation Status: Allows the filtering of secrets by the password change status.
• Expiration Date: Allows the filtering of secrets by the expiration date. The resulting list of secrets includes all secrets that expire during a specific time period. To define the time period, select one of the following options, and then click the Apply button:
- Specify the time period required for the Within the last number of hours, days, weeks, or months.
- Specify the Between start date and end date of the time period required.
• Security: Allows the filtering of secrets by the status of the Password Checkout functionality:
- Checked out: Where the Requires checkout checkbox is selected, and the password is checked out (i.e. when the secret is being used by a user).
- Checkout not required: Where the Requires checkout checkbox is not selected (i.e. the Password Checkout functionality is not enabled).
- Requires checkout: Where the Requires checkout checkbox is selected, and the password is checked in (i.e. when the secret is not being used).