Moving the MS SQL Database to Another Computer
To move an MS SQL Server database to another computer, do the following:
1. Stop the Application Server by clicking Stop in the context menu of the Ekran System Server icon in the Windows System Tray, or find the EkranServer service in the Task Manager and click Stop.
2. Log in to SQL Management Studio as a user with administrative permissions.
3. Using SQL Management Studio, detach the Ekran System databases (select each database, and in the context menu, select Task > Detach). The default names of the databases are EkranActivityDB and EKRANManagementDatabase.
4. Navigate to the location where the Ekran System databases are stored. The default location is:
• C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA
5. Copy the following database files and log files:
• and any archived databases.
NOTE: If a binary data is stored in a shared or local folder, you also need to copy it.
6. Upload the files copied to a suitable location on the new computer with the SQL Server.
7. On the computer the MS SQL database is moved to, log in to SQL Management Studio as a user with administrative permissions, and then attach the Ekran System databases as follows:
• In the context menu of the Database partition, select Attach.
• In the Attach Databases window that opens, click the Add button at the bottom, and then select the database that was uploaded.
• Click OK.
8. Uninstall the Application Server on the original computer.
9. Install the Application Server as follows:
• If you are reinstalling the Application Server on the original computer, select the MS SQL database, configure the connection to the database that has been moved, and confirm its usage.
• If you are installing the Application Server on the computer with the database that has been moved, do the following:
- Back up the certificate on the original computer, and then import it to the computer with the database that has been moved.
NOTE: The certificate must be imported before installation of the Application Server.
- Reinstall all the Clients.
- Contact the Support team at [email protected] to change the HWID associated with your serial keys to a new one.
10. The location of the database has now been changed. Start the EkranServer service to continue working with the application.