Enabling the Displaying of the Warning and Consent Banner
Ekran System allows you to display the Warning and Consent banner to users logging in to the Management Tool.
To enable the displaying of the Warning and Consent banner, do the following:
1. Create the banner.html file on the computer where the Ekran System Application Server is installed.
2. Open the Windows Registry Editor.
3. In the Registry Editor window, select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EkranSystem key.
4. Select Edit > New > String Value, and add a new value:
• Value type: String
• Value name: WarningBanner
• Value data: the path to the banner.html file (e.g. C:\banner.html)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Application Server can no longer be configured in the registry after updating to Ekran System version 6.53.1 or higher, which is now done instead by way of the "EkranServer.Settings.config" text file (located in: C:\Program Files\Ekran System\Ekran System\Server). After updating to version 6.53.1 or higher, all settings previously configured in the registry remain the same, but are now stored in the .config file (e.g. <add key="<GoldenImageMode>" value="1" />), and can only be modified in this file. For this reason, all instructions above concerning configuration of the Application Server in the registry no longer apply to the registry, but instead apply to the .config file.