To install the Application Server, do the following:
1. Run the installation file (EkranSystem_Server.exe) to open the Ekran System Setup wizard.
2. On the Welcome to the Ekran System Setup page, click the Next button.
3. On the License Agreement page, read the End User License Agreement carefully, and then click I agree.
4. On the Choose the Installation Mode page, if this is the initial installation of the Application Server, make sure that the New Ekran System Application Server option is selected, and then click Next..
NOTE: After installation of the initial (new) Application Server, the “Add Application Server to existing deployment” option can be used later to install additional Application Server instances on multiple nodes, if required for large deployments.
5. On the Choose Install Location page, enter the installation path or click Browse to navigate to the Application Server installation folder, and then click Next.
6. On the Database Type page, select the type of database you want to use for storing data, and then click Next (please refer to Comparison of Database Types to see the differences).
NOTE: If you have an existing database, select its type, and then define the connection parameters for this database.
7. If you selected the PostgreSQL database, on the PostgreSQL Server Database Configuration page, define the connection parameters as follows, and then click Next:
• Enter the hostname of the PostgreSQL Server instance, which is the instance name assigned to the TCP/IP port. Optionally, you can define a custom PostgreSQL database port by entering its name after the Server instance name, separating them by a colon (e.g. <server_instance_name>:<port>).
NOTE: If the default instance of the PostgreSQL server is used, enter “localhost” in the "Server instance" field.
• Enter the User name and Password of the user account via which the connection to the server will be established.
NOTE: By default, this is the user with the login “postgres”, and the password defined during installation of PostgreSQL.
8. If you selected the MS SQL Server database, define the connection parameters as follows on the MS SQL Server Database Configuration page, and then click Next.
• Enter the hostname of the MS SQL Server instance, which is the instance name assigned to the TCP/IP port. Optionally, you can define a custom MS SQL database port by entering its name after the server instance name, separating them by a comma (e.g. <server_instance_name>,<port>).
NOTE: If the default instance of the MS SQL server is used, only the name of the machine where the the MS SQL server is located needs to be defined.
• Select the type of authentication required: SQL Server Authentication or Windows Authentication.
• When using SQL Server Authentication, enter the SQL Server User name and Password of the user account via which the connection to the server will be established.
NOTE: You must enter either “sa” (system administrator) credentials or the credentials of a user with the “dbcreator” permission.
• When using Windows Authentication, enter the User name as <domainname>\<user name> and specify the Password.
NOTE: The specified user must have already been added as a user in MS SQL and have system administrator permissions.
9. If you already have a database, which was created either manually or when using previous versions of the Ekran System Application Server, you will be offered to use it. If you want to use this existing database, click Yes. Otherwise, click No and a new database will be created.
NOTE: If you click No, the existing database will be deleted.
10. On the Administrator password page, define a password for the administrator (i.e. for the default user of Ekran System with the login “admin” and full permissions), and then click Next.
11. On the Ekran System Client Uninstallation Key page, define a key that will be used for uninstalling Clients locally, and then click Next (by default, the Uninstallation key is "allowed", and can be changed by way of the Management Tool at any time later).
12. Click Install, and the progress of the installation will then be displayed on the Installing page.
14. When installation is complete, click Finish to exit the Setup wizard.
15. If you are installing the Ekran System Application Server for the first time, back up EkranMasterCertificate. The backup copy of the certificate may be needed later for Application Server recovery, or while updating the system.
16. If you already have a backup copy of the Master Certificate and are reusing the database, delete the Master Certificate, and import the backup copy to use instead.
17. In Windows Firewall, you must allow the Application Server executable to accept TCP connections via ports 9447 (for the connection between the Application Server and the Clients), 22712, 22713, and 22714 (for the connection between the Application Server and the Management Tool). These rules will be added to Windows Firewall automatically if Windows Firewall is enabled during installation of the Application Server.