Updating the Ekran System Application Server is performed using a newer version of the Ekran System Application Server installation file. During the update you can select either to update the existing database to a newer version or to simply reinstall it.
To update the Application Server, do the following:
1. Run the EkranSystem_Server.exe installation file.
2. The Setup Wizard opens.
3. Click Next on the Welcome page of the Setup Wizard.
4. On the Already Installed page, select Update/Add/Remove components, and then click Next.
5. On the Choose Components page, select Ekran System Server, and then click Next.
6. On the Database Update page, if you want to keep the existing database, select Update database to a new version, or otherwise select Reinstall the database, and then click Next.
NOTE: To change the type of database, the whole system needs to be reinstalled.
7. On the Administrator password page, enter the password for the administrator (the default user of Ekran System with the login “admin” and full permissions), and then click Next.
8. The update process starts.
9. When the update process is complete, click Finish to exit the Setup Wizard.
10. If you are updating the Application Server from a version lower than 5.5, back up EkranMasterCertificate.
11. If you are updating the Application Server from version 5.5 or higher, make sure that the Ekran System Master Certificate is correct, If necessary, import it from a backup copy.