Management Tool Installation Prerequisites (Checklist)
The following preconditions need to be met before installing the Management Tool.
NOTE: For Windows 7, the steps below must be followed in sequence.
To be able to install the Management Tool, you need to first:
1. Turn on Internet Information Services.
3. Configure Internet Information Services (IIS).
4. Generate a self-signed certificate or import a purchased trusted certificate issued for the computer on which the Management Tool will be installed.
5. Add the certificate to Trusted Root Certification Authorities on the computer on which the Management Tool will be installed. Otherwise a certificate error will be displayed in your browser when opening the Management Tool.
6. Set up an HTTPS binding for a default website (or any other IIS website).
NOTE: If you already have a self-signed certificate generated for the computer on which the Management Tool will be installed, you can skip the certificate generation step and use the existing certificate.