Adding User Groups
To add a new Management Tool user group, do the following:
1. Log in to the Management Tool as a user with the administrative User Management permission.
2. Click the User Management navigation link on the left.
3. On the User Management page, click the Add User Group button in the top right.
4. On the Adding New User Group page that opens, on the Group Properties tab, enter a name for the user group (and optionally enter a description for it), and then click Next.
5. On the Management Tool Users tab, click the Add Users button in the top left, and then select the users from the list of users that will belong to the user group, and click Next.
NOTE: To find a specific user, enter its name or part of its name in the Search box above the list of users.
6. On the Administrative Permissions tab, select the administrative permissions that will be granted to all users belonging to this user group, and then click Next.
7. On the Client Access tab, for each Client / Client group for which the permissions are to be defined, do the following, and then click Next:
NOTE: To find a specific Client, enter its name or part of its name in the Search box (at the top of the page), and then click the Apply Filters button on the right of it.
• Click Edit Permissions on the right of the required Client / Client group, and in the Client Permissions window that opens, select the Client permissions which will be granted to the users of the Client / Client group.
• After defining the permissions of all Clients / Client groups required, click Save to close the Client Permissions window.
8. So-called "User-to-User" permissions can be defined on the User Access tab to allow the (Management Tool) user group being added to be restricted, so that the (Management Tool) users belonging to this user group are only able to view the monitoring results (i.e. sessions) of specific users on Client computers (i.e. specific endpoint users).
So if you do not want the monitoring results of all endpoint users to be accessible to the users belonging to the Management Tool user group, for each endpoint user / user group that the users belonging to the Management tool user group will be able to view the sessions of, do the following:
• Click the Add User button.
• Enter and then select the Domain / (local) Computer Name of the required endpoint user / user group in the drop-down list that appears.
NOTE: A asterisk can be used as a wildcard to specify multiple domains / local computers.
NOTE: Domains and computers are only displayed in the drop-down list if they have already been used to monitor Client computers previously, but new domains and computers can also be entered simply by entering their names and then selecting them.
• Enter and then select the required endpoint User / User Group in the drop-down list that appears.
NOTE: A asterisk can be used as a wildcard to specify multiple users / user groups.
NOTE: Users and user groups are only displayed in the drop-down list if they have already been used to monitor Client computers previously, but new users and user groups can also be entered simply by entering their names and then selecting them.
• Click the icon on the right of the endpoint user / user group, to complete adding it, and the settings will take effect immediately.
The rows of in the grid can be sorted by clicking the required column header, as well as edited or deleted by clicking the corresponding icon next to any row.
NOTE: If no users / user groups are added on this tab, by default, the users belonging to the Management Tool user group will be able to view all the monitored sessions of all endpoint users in all domains.
NOTE: The users belonging to the Management Tool user group will be able to view all the sessions of the endpoint users / user groups added – both previously recorded monitoring results and future ones.
9. Click the Finish button in the bottom right of the page.
10. The Management Tool user group is then added, and displayed on the User Management page.