Enabling the Displaying of an Additional Message
The option to display an additional message can be enabled either while editing the Client / Client Group configuration, while defining the Client configuration during remote installation, or while generating the Client installation package for local installation.
By default, the additional message text is: “According to company policy you must agree to the terms in order to continue working on this computer.”. You can alternatively enter a custom message to be displayed to users.
NOTE: The message can be up to 10,000 symbols in length.
To enable the displaying of an additional message while installing a Windows Client, select the Enable displaying of additional message checkbox on the Client Configuration page (if the Client is to be installed remotely) or do the same on the Generate Installation Package page (if the Client is to be installed locally using the installation package).
When the Client is installed, the user will receive the default notification message on login unless the text of the message is changed by editing the Client.
To enable the displaying of an additional message while editing a Windows Client (or Client group), do the following:
1. Log in to the Management Tool as a user with the Client Configuration Management permission.
2. Click the Client Management navigation link on the left.
3. On the Client Management page, find the Client which you want to enable the displaying of an additional message for, and click its name in the Client Name column (or select the Client Groups tab and find the required Client group, and then click on its name in the Client Group Name column).
NOTE: To find specific Clients, the Search box and filters at the top of the Client Management page can be used (or to find specific Client groups, the Search box at the top of the Client Groups page can be used).
4. On the Editing Client (or Editing Client Group) page that opens, select the Authentication Options tab, and then select the Enable displaying of additional message checkbox, and optionally enter a custom message to be displayed to the user.
5. Click the Finish button in the bottom right.