The Ekran System Client Golden Image allows you to configure a golden image to create a cloned image of a virtual machine so as not to create duplicates of Clients in Ekran System.
NOTE: The instructions on this page are only valid for Ekran System version 6.37 or later.
To configure the Ekran System Client Golden Image option, do the following:
1. Download the Ekran System Client installation package from the Management Tool by opening the Client Management page, and clicking the Install Clients button, and then clicking the Download Installation File button to generate the installation package for the Windows OS.
2. Copy the Client installation package, and install the Client on the machine running Windows OS that will be used as the golden image (more information about Client installation can be found in the Ekran System Knowledge Base).
3. Open the folder where you installed the Ekran System Client (by default this is: C:\Program Files\Ekran System\Ekran System\Client), and rename EkranClient.exe to EkranClient1.exe.
4. Open Windows Services, and stop the EkranClient and EkranController services.
5. Open Windows Registry Editor on the machine where you installed the Ekran System Client, and in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EkranSystem\Client key, do the following, and then save the changes:
• Delete the AgentGUID value.
• Add a new DWORD value, and specify the following values in its fields:
- Value name: GoldenImageMode
- Value data: 1
6. Open the folder where you installed the Ekran System Client (by default this is: C:\Program Files\Ekran System\Ekran System\Client), and rename EkranClient1.exe to EkranClient.exe.
NOTE: Do not restart the EkranClient service after this procedure, which needs to remain stopped until the next reboot of the system, otherwise this image will get a new ID and will start to produce duplicates.
After completing the steps above, the image can be used to clone your virtual machine without creating duplicate Clients.