The process of using a USB device with blocked access until administrator approval is as follows:
1. The endpoint user plugs their USB device into the Client computer.
2. In the window that opens of the Client computer, the user enters a comment to be sent to the Management Tool administrators / trusted users (Approvers), and then clicks Request Access.
NOTE: If the device was plugged in to the Client computer before the start of the session, it will be blocked without any notification to the user. To request access to the USB device, the user must first unplug the device and plug it in again.
3. The user request is sent to the email addresses of the trusted users (i.e. Approvers) specified when adding or editing the USB monitoring rule, and is also displayed on the Access Requests tab (on the Access Management page in the Management Tool), and an Approver then processes the USB device access request either by using the link in the email or on the Access Requests tab.
4. The Approver’s comment is then displayed to the user.
5. If access is approved, the endpoint user then needs to unplug the USB device and plug it in again, after which the user will be able to use the device without restrictions. If access is denied, the user cannot use the USB device until a specified trusted user approves any further access requests.