On the Access Requests tab (on the Access Management page), the following user access requests are displayed:
• Endpoint Access Control requests (see the Endpoint Access Control section).
• One-time password requests (see the Requesting a One-Time Password page).
• Password management (PAM) requests (see the Using Secrets page).
• USB device requests (see the Requesting Access to a Blocked USB Device page).
• Expose requests (see the Anonymizer page).
The number of pending access requests is displayed in the red circle () icon next to the Access Management navigation link (on the left).
The Display all requests toggle switch slider can be used to also view all old requests i.e. requests that are no longer pending (including approved, denied, and expired requests).
By default, if any request is not processed within 30 minutes after it has been submitted, it will automatically expire. This setting can be changed (in the Access Request Expiration Time section) on the System Settings tab, on the Configuration page.
NOTE: A user can only see access requests for which they have been listed as an Approver.
The Approver can process a request by clicking the Approve or Deny buttons on the right of each request, and in the popup window that opens, and optionally enter a text message, and then click Confirm.
To view detailed information about an access request, click the icon (on the right of the required access request) to expand it.