To delete data from the database according to a schedule while editing a Client, do the following:
1. Log in to the Management Tool as a user with the administrative Database Management permission.
2. Click the Client Management navigation link on the left.
3. On the Client Management page that opens, find the Client which you want to edit the configuration of, and click on its name in the Client Name column.
NOTE: To find specific Clients, the Search box and filters at the top of the Client Management page can be used.
NOTE: If you do not have the Client Configuration Management permission for this Client, the configuration options will be disabled.
4. On the Editing Client page that opens, on the Properties tab, scroll down to the Auto-Cleanup Options section, and do the following:
• Select the Repeat according to schedule option.
• Define the following parameters:
- Perform every (days): The frequency of the cleanup operation.
- Start at: The time to execute the cleanup operation.
• In the Action type drop-down list, select either of the following options:
- Cleanup: To delete the monitored data from the database
- NOT AVAILABLE IN SAAS Archive & Cleanup: To first archive, and then delete, the monitored data.
NOTE: If the Archive & Cleanup option is selected, the archive parameters must be configured on the Configuration page.
• Specify the retention period required for the monitored data in the Sessions older than (days) field. Sessions stored in the database longer than the specified period of time will be deleted during the cleanup process.
5. When all cleanup settings have been defined, click the Finish button (in the bottom right of the page).