To add and configure a new Scheduled Report rule, do the following:
1. Log in to the Management Tool as a user with the administrative Client Installation and Management permission.
2. Click the Reports navigation link (on the left), and then select the Scheduled Reports tab.
3. Click the Add button in the top right of the page.
4. On the Add Rule page that opens, on the Rule Properties tab, enter a unique name for the new rule, optionally enter a description for the rule, and select the Enable scheduled report generation checkbox, and then click Next.
5. On the Report Options tab, do the following, and then click Next:
• In the Report Type section, select at least one of the checkboxes for the report types required.
NOTE: If more than one report type is selected, separate reports will be generated for each report type.
• In the Report Parameters section, and define the following:
- In the Report Format drop-down list, select a format for the reports.
- In the Generate Report drop-down list, select the frequency of report generation (Daily, Weekly, or Monthly).
- In the Start Report Generation At drop-down list, select the time of day at which the reports will be generated.
NOTE: Depending on the Application Server load, report generation may begin a few minutes later than the defined time.
- If the Weekly option is selected in the Generate Report drop-down list, select the day of the week on which the reports will be generated in the Day of Week drop-down list.
- If the Monthly option is selected in the Generate Report drop-down list, select the day of the month (or Last day of the month) on which the reports will be generated in the Day of Month drop-down list.
• In the Work Hours section, define the time period (Full day, Work hours or Outside of work hours) which the reports to be generated for, and then define the work days and work hours for each selected day (information on user activity for the defined time will be added to the reports).
NOTE: The Work Hours section is only displayed if either of the Sessions Outside of Work Hours Grid Report or the Terminal Server Grid Report are selected in the Report Type section (see above).
• In the Send Report To section at the bottom of the page and enter the email addresses to which the reports will be sent in the Emails field, separated by semicolons.
NOTE: The Email Sending Settings (on the Configuration page) must also be defined to receive scheduled reports by email.
• In the Who can download section, select the users who will be able to download and view the reports:
- Either leave the (default) Any option selected (for all users to be able to download and view the reports).
- Or move the toggle switch to the left, and click the Add button, and then in the pop-up window that opens, search for and select the required users, and click Add.
NOTE: To find specific users / user groups, enter their names or a part of their names in the Search box.
6. Click the Next button in the bottom right of the page, and on the Assigned Clients tab that opens, select the Clients and Client groups to which the rule will be applied by using the Add Clients and Add Client Groups buttons in the respective sections, and then click Next.
NOTE: To find specific Clients / Client groups, enter their names or a part of their names in the Search box. Only Clients / Client groups for which the user has the Viewing Monitoring Results permission for Clients are listed.
7. Click the Next button in the bottom right of the page, and on the Monitored Users tab, select the users whose activity will be included in the reports:
• Either leave the (default) Any user option selected (for the activity of all users to be included in the reports).
• Or select the Selected users option, and click the Add Users button, and then in the pop-up window that opens, search for and select the required users, and click Add.
NOTE: To find specific users / user groups, enter their names or a part of their names in the Search box. Only those users whose activities have already been monitored are listed.
8. Click the Finish button (in the bottom right of the page).
9. The rule is then added.
NOTE: Only the user who added (i.e. the owner of) the Scheduled Report rule or the "admin" user, can edit or delete the rule, since the Edit Rule () icon is not displayed (on the Scheduled Reports tab) to other users.